Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Finally back to my blog world...

Well, it's not too long I left, but I feel so... Hahaha!

Almost two weeks of kindergarden "teacher" life, I feel like dying...
not because of the children, but more to the long working hour,
it's kind of hard to get used to it.

Here's the schedule of my day... the childrens' holiday schedule...

6.00 am - Wake up (Bath, breakfast, and some reading while waiting)
7.15 am - Go out from my aunt's home
8.00 am - Start listening to the childrens' reading
9.30 am - Snack time
10.00 am - Children's outdoor time (The children always have a lot of complaining like "Teacher... you see whoever said/do that to me/whoever..." It'll never end...)
10.30 am - Circle time (Seriously walking on a circle, and that is kinda cool, haha! And sing songs)
11.00 am - Arts and Craft
11.45 am - Lunch (Disaster! Children just don't like to eat as much as the like to play, and they are so picky... and imagine the food are all around, and all over themselves. Hmm....)
12.30 pm - Bath
1.00 pm - Free Time (Playing toys)
1.30 pm - Nap time for children (I'll look at them from 3-4pm, and it always makes me sleepy)
4.30 pm - Tea time
5.00 pm - Outdoor/Toys (Depends on the weather, especially it's so hazy nowadays)
5.30 pm - Educational TV (Sometimes some classic cartoon like Tom and Jerry, and yesterday was the best, Popeye. Can you imagine, that I have not watched that for zillion years, haha!)
7.00 pm - Dinner and back to aunt's house (If I'm allowed, sometimes the parents just leave their children here till 8.30pm - it's the latest I've been waiting for)

Honestly, I'm not those kind that have unlimited patience and not the kind whose ambition is teaching, all the time - NO and NEVER, but believe it or not, now I do consider. Just that this is not my interest yet, I'm always still feeling weird here, and unhappy about some children that does not obey that much (I mean, I do understand that there is no perfert obedience, but at least some disipline, that when you talk, you feel that you are being respected. Well, now, I still do not feel that, maybe because of experience is needed?).

Yet, there are cute childrens that you will accidentally love them more than the others (at least for me, LOL, this is bad anyway, don't learn, I'm trying to keep that unnoticed, hehe). I have to admit that I like children, and I was a KING OF THE CHILDREN. Haha... Just because of that, I think I'm too nice to the children here, sometimes, I'm just not that powerful as the other teacher, and I feel like I'm a BIG CHILD teaching a bunch of SMALL KIDS. That is definitely a bad bad thing, which I would like to play darts, dough, toys with them (Laugh, never mind). But what you can't understand is that, children nowadays unlike how we used to be. I have a kid that speak really mature (Imagine a 6-year-old boy said "My daddy said as a human we have to XXX..." and much much more...), I think that is sad, well, kids should be naive, and even childish, and only now he can do that (I do not mean that we can't be naive now, but childish?? Imagine me saying, "Teacher, he bully me~!" and the cry. *roll eyes* that is disgusting!) But this fits to the children right? Even when sometimes you don't like them to do that much often, but you have to admit that, sometimes it's cute.

What I've learned here? Deal with kids. Talk childish (OK, maybe sometimes not). Be energetic (when you see them, "whatever" when you don't). Soft but firm (Yeah, I know what I'm saying).